Yoast's Breadcrumbs

Home Forums Plugin Integration Yoast's Breadcrumbs

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  electrolund 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

electrolund
    Participant

So this plugin boasts Thematic support, which is super nice.  It insert nicely under my header, but I’m having difficulty with the floating.  (sorry, at the moment my test site is not public, but on my local machine with MAMP).

The breadcrumbs are left justified the entire time, while Thematic naturally floats center, so the effect of scaling the browser horizontally sees the breadcrumbs moving all over the place.  Not exactly pleasing.

There’s not much sample CSS on the devs’ site.  Wondering what you all have used.  So far, this is what I’m using for style:

#yoastbreadcrumb { /* NOTE: bug here, not floating with body!!! */
    font-size: 13px;
    clear:left;
    float:center;
    }

#yoastbreadcrumb a:link,a:visited,a:hover,a:active {
    color:#6699CE;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-size: 13px;
    }

helgatheviking

there’s no such thing as float: center i don’t believe.  why do you need to float the breadcrumbs at all?

electrolund
    Participant

You’re correct.  I was mistaken about that float parameter.  Unlucky guess.  Here’s an example of what I’m seeing:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c35uhyowedb7oiq/ALc3xgyK2V/ScreenShot1.png

I am attempting to let the plugin insert for me (there’s a checkbox, as it claims Thematic support).  But I’m guessing that it’s not inserting in the right hook.

I guess I can attempt this another way, by inserting manually into the thematic_belowheader() hook?

electrolund
    Participant

Huh, something fundamental I’m not getting about anchoring in Thematic.  I tried the manual method with this in my functions.php:

function cbe_breadcrumbs() { ?>
    <div>
    <?php if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb(‘<p id=”yoastbreadcrumb”>’,'</p>’);
    } ?>
    </div>
    <?php
    }
    add_action (‘thematic_belowheader’, ‘cbe_breadcrumbs’, 1);

Got the same results, so it’s something in my stylesheet I guess.

helgatheviking

ok, well the thematic_belowheader() means that you aren’t inside any div that has an explicit width…. #header is 100% full width and it is only #branding and .menu that have a width.

give your #yoastbreadcrumb a fixed width to match that of #branding (940px i think) and you should be set.  can’t offer more CSS help w/o seeing it live, but that seems like it will work.

electrolund
    Participant

Ah, of course.  This worked fine, along with a margin of 0.  Thanks helga!

helgatheviking

actually it should be

margin: 0 auto;

i think.  you’re welcome

electrolund
    Participant

You are correct.  I neglected to post the full code.

I don’t suppose you’d be available for some contract theme work?  Can you contact me off-list?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yoast's Breadcrumbs’ is closed to new replies.