Thematic 1.0.2.1 + Headspace2 = White Screen of Death

Home Forums Plugin Integration Thematic 1.0.2.1 + Headspace2 = White Screen of Death

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Nix 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

motorfirebox
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently updated my site ccrcyber.com to Thematic 1.0.2.1 and got the WSOD. Completely blank page, nothing in it but <body></body>. I quickly reverted back to 0.9.7.7 (yes, I am bad at updating Thematic) and set to work on my dev version trying to figure out what went wrong.

Any non-Thematic theme works, but any Thematic theme gets the WSOD. I started disabling plugins, and it turns out that Headspace2 really doesn’t like the new version of Thematic!

Anyone have any ideas where to start looking to resolve this? I don’t really have the authority to replace Headspace2 with another metadata management plugin, though I can suggest it.

Scott Nix

Oh balls, spent a bunch of effort on this and it is a super easy fix.

Open Thematic (yes we are editing the actual Thematic here).

thematic > library > extensions > header-extensions.php

Change “HeadSpace_Plugin” to “Headspace_Plugin” without the capital S, lame shit, Thematic issue I guess, I will report it on Github.

Scott Nix

That isn’t it, ignore that post, but something I did got it working….

Give me a few, just a heads up though, it may not be a bad idea to suggest dropping it, check the plugin author page, it is no longer maintained. http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/headspace2/

Scott Nix

Well this is interesting, it started working for no reason whatsoever. I couldn’t get it to error, reloaded everything (except the Database) and it still works with no changes. So I can’t even reproduce the error I got when I initially turned it on.

Just pitch WordPress SEO by Yoast, which is way better all around, and is still being worked on. 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thematic 1.0.2.1 + Headspace2 = White Screen of Death’ is closed to new replies.