page on custom menu – display none

Home Forums Using Thematic Child Themes Free and Premium Child Themes page on custom menu – display none

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sharkeyny 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sharkeyny
    Participant

Hi,

I am using  Child’s Play responsive child theme to view my website on mobile devices.  Using the child theme’s style.css or function.php is there a way to ‘display none’ one of the pages on my custom menu.  I have spent time trying to figure this out without success.

Thank You
    Jerry

sharkeyny
    Participant

Hi,

This is one the codes I tried in my function.php file that I thought should work.

`function childtheme_menu_args( $args ) {
    $args[‘show_home’] = false;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘wp_nav_menu_args’, ‘childtheme_menu_args’ );`

I tried this with childtheme_nav_menu and _page_menu and with thematicsamplechildtheme_menu, _nav_menu and _page_menu and nothing worked.

In my style.css file I tried ‘display none’ numerous ways using pageid-# , menu-item-# and adding a class to the page in the custom menu all without without success.

And this may not even be my best solution or even a solution for what I am trying to do.  Originally I added a secondary menu to my custom menu- thank you, and tried to figure out a way to use the primary menu on a computer and on a tablet, and then use the secondary menu on a handheld device where the right sidebar is below the page content but I was not able to figure out a way to do this. Is there a way to instruct the Child’s Play function.php file to use the secondary menu.  This would be the best solution.

Thank you for your time,
    Jerry

jagster
    Participant

Do you have a live link?

sharkeyny
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

I can remove (display none) a page from the custom menu using the CSS Class but I can’t find a way to remove a page and if any subpages from the sf-menu. That would solve my problem.

Thank you for your time,

Jerry

jagster
    Participant

Can you link to your site?

sharkeyny
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

I waa able to remove the coupon page meant to be viewed on a computer or tablet from the smartphone sf-menu

`#access .sf-menu  .wscoupons {
    display:none;
    } `

I noticed if my website is reached on a mobile device using the complete URL  /coupons then the coupon page meant for the computer appears on the smartphone but once I navigate to another page then the coupon page ment for the smartphone is in the sf-menu.

I would put a link to my site but I am not sure how to do it without these postings becoming a search result for my website.

Thank You,

Jerry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘page on custom menu – display none’ is closed to new replies.