Only legacy css file is used by Thematic 2.0

Home Forums Using Thematic ( without a child theme ) Only legacy css file is used by Thematic 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  middlesister 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mikebattistella
    Participant

Hi,

recently, I’ve installed Thematic 2.0 from GitHub but it uses “legacy.css”. How can I actually use the new styles (especially the responsive features)? I’ve found no options in “Theme options”, beside “Index Insert Position”, “Info on Author Page” and “Text in Footer” – but nothing about CSS or styles.
    My site is: http://reality-and-a-half.multiversum.com/

Thanks for your support.

middlesister
    Keymaster

You will need to add the call

add_theme_support( 'thematic_html5' );

to your child theme’s functions.php. This will both change the markup and use the new stylesheet.

By default, an upgraded theme is in legacy mode in order not to break sites.

mikebattistella
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m using no child theme. Do I have to modify the Thematic source?

middlesister
    Keymaster

I would strongly recommend you to use a child theme.

There is already a sample child theme included in Thematic. You can just copy or move the folder “thematicsamplechildtheme” to the wp-content/themes directory. Change the name and info in style.css to what you want and then add the theme support call into functions.php.

Tecnichally, there is a theme option for html5 but the UI is hidden. If you know how to access the database, like with phpMyadmin, you could set it manually. But I really think a child theme is the best way to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Only legacy css file is used by Thematic 2.0’ is closed to new replies.