Make Header Image Clickable back to Homepage

Home Forums Using Thematic Child Themes Build Your Own Custom Child Themes Make Header Image Clickable back to Homepage

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  poromaster 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tdcjunkmail
    Participant

I’m using a child theme of thematic for a website and want the header image to be clickable so when a user clicks it, it navigates them back to the home page. I’m used to basic html and so I figured it would be easy to add a <a href="/index.php"> tag but I don’t know where to insert it.

I would appreciate any advice or links to other threads.

Scott Nix

Do you have more information on how the header image is added currently?

This is fairly easy to do, it can be done a bunch of ways but depends on the design.

tdcjunkmail
    Participant

Thank you so much Mr. Nix,

I added the header image by logging in and using the standard menu bar on the left>Apperance>Customize which took me to the following page: http://www.***.com/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp-admin%2F

From there I selected “Header Image” from the new menubar to add the header image.

The child theme only has functions.php and style.css. I have made no modifications to the theme.

Once again, thank you.

Scott Nix

The Appearance > Customize page adds the image as a background image. Which would be fine if WordPress allowed you to just wrap a link around everything (including divs), but it doesn’t allow it.

The easiest solution is to not use that Appearance section to add the header image at all. Instead just do it through CSS.

An example can be found here https://gist.github.com/scottnix/48f0f3091672e97ff659

tdcjunkmail
    Participant

Wow, Mr. Nix, you are the best.

It worked perfectly. I simply added it to the child stye.css, then went to the options to enable the text header menu and “hid” the existing image header.

Thank you very much. I spent hours with it.

poromaster
    Participant

All kneel to Scott Nix 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Make Header Image Clickable back to Homepage’ is closed to new replies.