How to remove date and time stamp from comments

Home Forums Using Thematic ( without a child theme ) How to remove date and time stamp from comments

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pabbsyface 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pabbsyface
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to remove the metadata from my comments:

Posted January 14, 2014 at 11:29 pm | Permalink |

I’ve looked around but I’m not very good with WordPress. Does someone have a piece of code I can add to one of the pages in Editor? Would that work best? Bit clueless, sorry!

site: http://www.pspfrench.com/blog/

Thanks in advance!

Paul

middlesister
    Keymaster

First of all I would really like do discourage you from using the file editor. One simple spelling mistake like a missing ; can completely whitescreen your site and make it inaccessible. You would then need to use ftp to get to your site and correct your error from there in order to be able to log in again.

If you are very unfamiliar with code, the easiest route would be to use a custom css plugin like Simple custom css or Custom css manager. There you can paste this piece of code to hide the comment metadata:

.comment-meta {

display: none;

}

.comment-content {

padding-top: 17px;

}

The code can also be added to your child theme’s style.css file instead of using a plugin. There are other ways to get rid of it involving php code in the theme files, but this is the easiest and simplest solution.

pabbsyface
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for replying!

I installed the Simple Custom CSS you recommended and pasted the code in, but unfortunately it hasn’t worked and the comment metadata is still there…

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

middlesister
    Keymaster

That is weird. Do you have a link to your site?

pabbsyface
    Participant

Sure, it’s: http://www.pspfrench.com/blog/

Thank you so much for your help!

pabbsyface
    Participant

Hi again,

I don’t know HOW this has happened, but I’ve managed to successfully remove the comment metadata at the same time as reinstalling the post metadata!

For example, on this post…

http://www.pspfrench.com/blog/get-shit-done/

I need to remove this gubbins:

This entry was posted in Music, Productivity and tagged brian eno, flying lotus, jeff wayne, kraftwerk, orbital. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL. Edit

Thanks,

Paul

Scott Nix
    .entry-utility { display: none; }

:/

pabbsyface
    Participant

Hero.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to remove date and time stamp from comments’ is closed to new replies.