Did theme update change page templates?

Home Forums Using Thematic Child Themes Build Your Own Custom Child Themes Did theme update change page templates?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  helgatheviking 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

helgatheviking

if you need the stylesheet to show up later, then use the priority argument in add_action.  by default it is 10 if you don’t specify, which is the same as the thematic stylesheet.

function childtheme_create_stylesheet() {

if(is_page(157)) {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘calendar’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/style2.css’ );
    }

}
    add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’,’childtheme_create_stylesheet’, 20);

also, i’d appreciate some feedback about what seemed complex in the tutorial i posted.  it appears you figured out the main issue.

devadaru
    Participant

Whew! Thank you again and again. This was the missing clue.

Complex: only for someone like me, whose eyes start to glaze over when I see code. I did figure out with your nudging and prompting how to add the stylesheet. This additional clue, about the priority, is also simple and easy. But I don’t know programming, don’t even know what “php” stands for.

I really appreciate your help and guidance, without which it would have been impossible for us to build a website that meets our needs, or to fix it when needed.

helgatheviking

you’re welcome.  try not to let your eyes glaze over!!  i tried show what you could have been doing wrong and how to fix it.. and it must’ve worked b/c you got most of the way there. oh, and not to mention i think i was quite witty for a tutorial on coding!

if it helps i don’t know what PHP stands for either.  be patient, you are literally learning another language.  or if you don’t care to be patient, you can always hire someone who is more fluent, like me.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Did theme update change page templates?’ is closed to new replies.