border or side panels.

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jerrypages 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jerrypages
    Participant

Hi,

My website is centered on the computer screen and there is a space to the left and right side.  The line above the footer and for the custom menu extends to the edge of the screen.  I would like to put a border around the webpage or a light grey panel on both sides- something simple, that I can do using my child themes style.css file.  I have spent time looking for a way to do this.

Thematic Theme version 3.6
    Child Theme 1.0 by Ian Stewart

Thank You
    Jerry

Martin
    Participant

For color either side place a background on the body and then you will need to place white (or whatever on the wrapper division:

body { background: #e8e8e8; /* Your background color here */ }
    #wrapper { background: #fff; }

And for your border, place it on wrapper, for example:

#wrapper { border: 2px solid #333; }

jerrypages
    Participant

Thank you very much,

You have given me more then enough to work with.  It will be a while, but I would like to post here what I end up doing.

Thank You
    Jerry

jerrypages
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you again for the help.

I had put code in my child themes function.php and style.css file to add a widget to the right in the theme head. At another time I added additional code to the style .css that I use to change the height of the theme head and width of the container.  Now I have added additional code. The code put in at three different times works together  (allegany county).  I would like to post the code here to see if there is a way everything could work off a center line (the container location is where it should be) so the webpage is centered on all size monitors.

Thank You
    Jerry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘border or side panels.’ is closed to new replies.