bbpress

Home Forums Plugin Integration bbpress

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gene (emhr) 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gerard
    Participant

HI,

Using the Thematic Theme 1.0.2.1 (w/a child theme) I installed bbpress in a subdomain with it’s own wordpress install.  In the settings menu the reading settings function is not there. The default front page can’t be edited?  How can I display a forum page as my front page.  I tried changing  the site address (url) in the general settings.

Thank You

Gene (emhr)
    Keymaster

I installed bbpress in a subdomain with it’s own wordpress install.

I’m not following you. Is thematic the active theme or a parent of an active childtheme on the WordPress install with the bbPress plugin activated?

In the settings menu the reading settings function is not there

Thematic has little interaction with anything outside of theme options and widgets in the wp-admin.

Does your user account have the correct role and privileges to access that admin page?

How can I display a forum page as my front page.

The bbPress support forums and documentation is a better place to get this answered accurately. I believe you’d create a page in WordPress use a bbPress shortcode on the page and the set that page in your WP-Admin reading settings as the frontpage.

I’d suggest testing your set-up again using the latest versions of WordPress bbPress and Thematic. The version of Thematic that you mentioned is older than the one currently released.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘bbpress’ is closed to new replies.