Thematic 2.0 is getting ready and the translations need to be updated. There are couple of handfuls of new strings that refer to the new Theme Customizer support and layout options. We are aiming to finish 2.0 by the end of the month, and would love to have as many complete translations as possible bundled with the theme.
Around January 30thWhen the release is ready, we will download the current state of the language files from glotpress, bundle them with the theme and send in the theme for review. Please note that we have no control over when the theme finally will appear in the wordpress.org directory so the exact release date is unknown.
For any translation not finished before
January 30th the release is out, it is still of benefit to the users that they become updated on glotpress. The language files are available for download from there.
One new addition in 2.0 is the added support for language packs. When the feature launches on wordpress.org, Thematic will already be prepped to handle them. This means that the translation process will not be dependent on the release schedule of Thematic, but new translations can be published as they become finished. We will still use glotpress to handle them, but any finished translation can be pushed out to the community automatically without waiting for a new release of the theme.
The new glotpress translations live at http://translate.thematictheme.com/projects/thematic-framework/thematic-20
Version 1.0.4 has a number of improvements over the previous version.
- I18n updates to almost every locale. I’d like to extend a big Thanks to all our translators and validators!
- Middlesister and HelgatheViking were added to the contributors list on the readme for their continued effort to make Thematic awesome. w00t!
- Thematic is now supported for use with WordPress version 3.4 and above. Please upgrade your WordPress to it’s current release.
- The Legacy- Dynamic Class bugs were resolved from the 126.96.36.199 release
- Props Scottnix for helping fix a warning in thematic_content() and cleaning up thematic_category_archives()
- Props josephting for helpin restore thematic_validate_opt() to its intended functionality. Child themes can now override the options validation process effectively
This post is being published upon the version acceptance into the repo it may take a bit longer for the theme to appear in your WP’s auto-updater. If you want it early you can get version 1.0.4 here.
- Fixed thematic_body_class() and thematic_post_class() to correctly filter body_class() and post_class()
- Fixed nextpaged and excerpt classes in thematic_body_class() and thematic_post_class()
- Removed _deprecated_function() from: thematic_body_class() thematic_post_class() childtheme_override_body_class() childtheme_override_post_class() due to issues with WP_DEBUG breaking the post div and body tag class attributes
- Moved the thematic_bodyopen() functionality to thematic_body()
- Deprecated thematic_bodyopen() because it was redundant
- Moved thematic_body() and childtheme_override_thematic_body() from dynamic-classes.php to header-extensions.php
Thematic version 188.8.131.52 has been released! You can get it from the WordPress theme repository.
- A parse error introduced in 184.108.40.206 that was generated from the links.php has been fixed.
- The latest language updates have been included. Thanks to all the translators and validators at translate.thematic.com
- The custom header functionality of the included sample child theme has given some more attention.
For anyone who wants to see exactly what changed, the unified diff from the previous version can be seen on Trac. If you find yourself having trouble with the latest version com over to the forums to see if it’s being discussed and start a topic if you need help. If you find a bug our github issue tracker is the place to report it.